So you can have an idea on how much i wanted an UD palette i should tell you that i was sooo close to paying 130 dollars for an Alice in Wonderland one and if i didn't have the chance to get the NYC one brought from USA i was about to buy one from ebay.co.uk at around 60 pounds..Women are crazy i know :). But hey i'm a happy bunny now cause i got one for 54$ from urbandecay.com. Yay.
My first impression was wow this is huge! It does look like a thick book and it is definitely not a palette that you can carry around in your bag. As you already know it has the top cute "thing" with NYC icons and real lights and an almost decent size mirror that you can use (i don't, but hey at least they tried).
It looks nice and i love the fact Urban Decay tries to always impress with their palettes and they are being quite inventive but beside this i would rather prefer to have a smaller palette instead of this "show" that i will probably not look at ever again.
Now let's talk about the interesting part :). The palette has 16 colors, two 24/7 eyeliners (in Zero and Ransom) and a travel size primer potion. The colors are really nice and beside the blue one which i won't use for sure all the others really work with my green eyes.
For colors description i paste the description from Temptalia wich is the most relevant:
- Perversion is a matte charcoal black. It’ll darken anything you want to, and it’s a good black, but it’s not an ultra deep black. Not at all chalky! This is a permanent shade, and it has been featured in BoS I and II.
- Uzi is a whitish-silver with flecks of silver glitter. I’ve found this shade has some fall out, but it’s not too bad. This is a permanent shade, and it has been featured in the Sustainable palette.
- Loaded is a deep forest green with a metallic shimmer sheen. It is hands down my favorite shade in the palette — it’s like a greener version of NARS’ Rajasthan! This is new and exclusive to this palette.
- Kush is a medium grassy green with a subtle cool undertone. This is a nice shade with excellent color payoff, and it is new and exclusive to this palette–but it does have some cousins. It’s a darker version of Graffiti (permanent) and Absinthe (BoS I), and it’s a greener, darker version of Homegrown (BoS II).
- Midnight Cowboy Rides Again is a pink-tinged champagne with champagne flecks of glitter. It may be one of my least favorite eyeshadows of all time, because it has so much fall out, even though it feels very smooth. I recommend using it with a stickier base and make sure you have Q-tips and makeup remover to control the fall out. This shade is permanent, and it has been in BoS II and BoS Alice in Wonderland, as well as the Sustainable palette.
- Last Call is a medium plum with strong red undertones and shimmer finish. This is a permanent shade that’s also a popular palette shade–it’s been featured in BoS I, BoS AiW, and Ammo.
- Rockstar is a deep shade of eggplant purple with burgundy-red undertones and a shimmer-sheen. This is a new and exclusive shade to the palette–but the color is like Rockstar 24/7 Eye Pencil (duh!).
- Money is a silvered blue with a metallic blue-green sheen. Very pretty and will be a great shade to layer over colored bases to bring out different undertones. This shade is new and exclusive to the palette.
- Haight is a brightened medium blue with a frost finish that pulls just an itsy bit teal. This is shade is permanent, but it’s a Sephora exclusive. It hasn’t been in any other palettes.
- Maui Wowie is an antique gold with a nearly metallic gold sheen. It also has flecks of dark gold glitter, so it can have some fall out issues. This is a permanent shade, and it’s also been in BoS AiW and Ammo.
- Smog is a medium-dark bronze with a shimmer-frost finish. This is a shade that’s been in a ton of palettes! It’s permanent, but it has also been released in BoS I, Ammo, Naked, and Vegan.
- Bordello is a mauve-tinged pink with soft flecks of dark pink shimmer-glitter. It’s smooth, pigmented, and has an almost metallic sheen. The glitter is similar to Uzi’s, but it feels a little finer. This is a new and exclusive shade.
- Radium is a true medium blue with a cooler undertone and a softer frost finish. Great pigmentation! It is new and exclusive to this palette, and I imagine its color gets inspiration from Radium Cream Eyeshadow.
- Snatch is a peachy-pink with a frosty finish. It’s very smooth and has nice pigmentation. This was originally in the Show Pony palette.
- Suspect is a medium bronze that pulls a smidgen taupe and has a rather cooler undertone. I thought it was similar to some of the browns in previous BoS palettes (like Sidecar, Nylon, Gridlock, etc.), but those all have obvious red undertones in comparison. This is a new and exclusive shade.
- Psychedelic Sister is a brightened medium purple with red undertones. It’s a nice shade of purple that’s pigmented and has a soft frost sheen. It’s a permanent, but it is a Sephora exclusive. This is the first time it’s been in a palette."
Now the eyeliners are super cool. I already had the 24/7 one in Zero and it's so awesome. It stays in place all the day long and when i say it i really mean all day long. No smudges, no raccoon eyes, just perfect beautiful lines. The other one is a beautiful purple color which i love.
And the swatches
As you can see even the bright colors are pigmented, most of them do contain glitter that might fall and get messy if you don't pay attention. And believe me it's a pain to try to clean this glitter from your under eye area or corner of your eyes. I would have preferred a less amount of glitter or maybe tinny pieces of glitter instead.
Now the primer..i adore it. I have been using Too Faced Shadow Insurance for a couple of years now and i did notice it's not working that great on me lately. So i switched to the UD one in Sin which i like but not adore as it gives a golden tint which makes it difficult to be used with non golden/brown-ish eye shadows. But the one that came with this UD palette is absolutely perfect. I do have oily eye lids which means any eyeshadow will look like a mess in less than two hours. With this eye primer i have no issue for more than 10 hours. For real.
I do like the palette but I'm not overly impressed. The colors are great but too glittery in my opinion. The eyeliners are awesome and the eye shadow primer is something to die for so in the end, at this price and for this quality, it's really a bargain and if you are looking for a nice quality value palette take this one in consideration. You wont be able to find so many items at another quality brand for 54 $.